A Campden & Chorleywood Food Research Assoc (CCFRA) member-funded research project has resulted in the publication of a starch handbook entitled Cereal & Tuber Starches: Their Nature and Performance in Foods.
- The origins of various starch types.
- Extraction processes and further treatments.
- Starch structures.
- Measurement of starch properties.
- Performance of starches in fluids, semi-moist and brittle foods.
- Changes due to cooking and storage.
The price is £120 to non-members of CCFRA.
Contact Carol Newman, CCFRA: Tel +44-1386-842048;