$42.9m brewery at Okahandja on track (Namibia)

SABMiller plans to invest $42.9m in a 260,000 hectolitre per annum brewing facility on 7.2ha of land in Okahandja’s industrial area.

The new plant has been designed to cater for future extension and to be one of SABMiller’s most environmentally-friendly and efficient breweries – providing for 750ml returnable bottles and recycling of other glass bottles.
Namibians, through Onyewu Investments (20%) and three charitable trusts (20%), will own 40% of the new brewery, with the remaining 60% belonging to SABMiller. The new brewery will create about 100 temporary jobs during construction and once completed will employ around 100 full-time staff. It will produce the Castle Lager, Castle Light and Carling Black Label brands predominantly for the Namibian market. – NewEra.com.na